I love sharing with you!
Happy New Year and Happy birthday to me! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for reading my blog. This blog really put me in a great mental space last year, especially with the whole Covid situation. I love sharing with you!
Today is my 42nd birthday! Usually I have a trip planned or something for my birthday. This year I enjoyed lunch with Monique in Jersey, Had dinner in a freezing igloo with V, and skipped the store shopping this year (or at least today). Well i did get some goodies from lush. I actually enjoyed the low keyless of this birthday,more than what I initially thought.
Came home and cake, cake, cake…
For 2021, here is 21 facts about me.
- I once dated a guy, who lied about having a kid and his age. I was 20, he was 36 years old. We actually did not break up for that EXACT reason, but yeah that phased out. It was a learning lesson that I keep with me till this day. No bitterness through, last saw him a decade ago. Hi. Bye, but absolutely no bitterness for him or any other ex.
- I am way more of a chatterbox on line then in person. Way more! Except of course if I am talking about stuff I can’t shut up about . I am usually mute through.
- When I was little, my grandma will have me gift my classmates valentine day or other holiday presents, I can’t even remember what they were. I also remember gifting a teacher, Mr. Prager champagne bubble bath.! Now I do that with coworkers. I leave treats on their desks, without them seeing its me. Of course, they know it’s me through. It’s really clear, no one else is doing that in the office.
- I did not watch TV for 3 years. I watched everything on my phone! Ironically last year, before the pandemic I had put TV back on. I decided to watch television again, and damn I did not know it was going to help me out later. I enjoyed watching snapped.
- If I had to do it all over again I would have went away to college, instead of college in New York. I have been living here my whole life. Specifically, a HBCU.
- I do not have children and I strongly doubt if I would have any. I kept pushing the age I was going to have it, and then it occurred to me, “This may not be the right move for me” If this did happen, it would be a blessing, through. Also very scary.
- I am a Capricorn, and most of the Capricorn traits are true AF about me. We can be very serious, thinking about money all the time, and practical.
- I am the oldest from my mother and from my father. I have one sister, also a cousin that’s like a sister, because we grew up together in the same home, and three brothers. This gives me five nieces and nephews.
- I work in social services dealing with Family Court. I NEED this blog as a creative outlet. I keep my job separate from my real life.
- My hair once caught on fire. I was looking in the mirror when it happened, and oh boy! I was good through. Shocked, but good.
- I went to Disney World for the first time when I was 30 years old. I was so happy I burst into tears. Since I didn’t have kids, I never thought I would have get there. My grandma took us to many places, but she is fearful of flying, so it was always by car. I’m grateful for those memories too. Last year, V surprised me by taking me Universal. We only had time for one park , and I picked Universal. It was very hard to pick. I enjoy having fun.
- I read “The Coldest Winter Ever” a thousand times, Each time the perspective is different. Yes, I will read the sequel. But where is our movie?
- I failed the driving test three times, crashed a car the first time. My guy at the time, had to pay 400 bucks for a dent. We couldn’t go out that weekend.
- I am as blind as a bat, and wear contacts. I am still considering lasik. My sister is also just as blind, and that’s it.
- I do not mind flying, but long flight like more than 10 hours is a lot. I have no idea how I am going to do a masked flight for that long. I also miss flying, so we shall see.
- My memory is pretty good, but It is even better If I am actually able to write stuff down. Oh, I caught so many people changing up their Story, and just straight out lying. I stay quiet through. I’m not blowing up anyone’s spot.
- The reason why I do not drink soda is because I was not allowed growing up. That stuck with me. I never drank coffee. I do not like the taste. Saved me from having another habit. I do drink a crazy amount of tea, which makes me constantly have to pee. That’s not good right now on these streets. Public restrooms is hard to come by…
- I can’t dance for shit, but got to do what I got to do. Drinks help. My siblings are good, I missed that DNA part.
- I actually got on Instagram to follow Kryzada, because I couldn’t see her post. I went to one of her events, before she became a full time blogger. She was so sweet in real life, and it was really dope to see her growth and success. It was really tragic to see her death. R.I. P. At the end of the day, you can’t take things for granted.
- I never ever liked mayonnaise or eggs. Having a vegan diet is easy because of that. I had no idea eggs were involved in mayonnaise which makes sense why I hate it.
- I was in the military for a month, then I got shipped back to Brooklyn.
Thank you , Thank you, Thank you for reading.